Eco Rope Guardian
Viper’s Eco Rope Guardian lubricant is specifically formulated to be earth friendly while still meeting the rigorous demands of industrial applications. With these products, you can “go green” – and keep up with the latest environmental regulations – without having to sacrifice
ECO Rope Guardian Lubricant ERG-1 is a certified Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL), recommended for use in applications on or near waterways. It meets the specifications required by the EPA’s Vessel General Permit (VGP). It is readily biodegradable, exhibits minimal aquatic toxicity and will not accumulate in the cells of fish
and other aquatic life forms.
It is a soft, semifluid formulation designed to coat wire rope as well as moving chain and cable parts to ensure long life and smooth, quiet operation. Its semi-tacky, water-resistant characteristics enable it to adhere to the application and seal out damaging moisture and
protect against rust formation. It’s robust additive package further helps it protect against wear, corrosion, impact, rust and oxidation.
Why use ERG-1 Eco Rope Guardian
- Minimal wash off in high wash submersed applications
- Seals surfaces, protecting against rust and corrosion
- Dramatically reduces wear to wire ropes and sheaves
- Zero Bio-accumulating content
- Clings tenuously to metal surfaces
- Broad Temperature Operating range -29C to 200C
- Resists Sling off, keeps work area clean
- Lessens resistance when surfaces slide over one another, ensuring cooler operation
- Effectively applied via Auto applicators like the ViperWRL
- Increased lubricant intervals dramatically reduce consumption
- Semi translucent aids visual inspection of Ropes “NOT BLACK”
- Operating Range: -29° to 200°C (-20 to 392°F)
- Ideal for use through the Viper Wire Rope Lubricator
- Not for high temperatures or when gear oil is speciﬁed
Applications on or near waterways, including:
- Wire Ropes
- Chains (links, pins, bushings)
- Cables (sheave bushings, bearings & strands)
- Open & Closed silent and roller chains
Proprietary special additive system is used in Eco Rope Guardian. Solid wear-reducing additive can withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and contact temperatures over 1000°C. It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or aﬀecting clearances, minimizing metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction heat and wear.
Also contains an additive that contributes to outstanding water resistance, tackiness and enhanced mechanical stability, and helps to form a barrier against corrosion.